Friday, May 25, 2012

Designer Friday - Ruffle Blossoms

Happy Friday! Since releasing the latest batch of Ruffle Blossoms, hundreds of these pretty fabric flowers have gone out to hair bow makers, scrapbookers, and wedding planners the world over. I've got a new callous on my sewing hand :). But I am thrilled to see these flowers be so well-received and I am even more thrilled to see what my design team is doing with them. Suzy was sent the Grapefruit Floral Ruffle Blossoms and she created this beautiful altered frame:


The recipe for this project is simple: paint a wooden frame, add a title, add a Ruffle Blossom with a special center and finish with bling. Easy-peasy and so pretty!


The Ruffle Blossoms come without centers so that you can add your own embellishment. Suzy found her flower center at Hobby Lobby here. Isn't it gorgeous?

And speaking of Ruffle Blossoms, I have a layout in the June issue of Scrap365 magazine (a UK publication) that features two Ruffle Blossoms:


You can find the teal and red pindot Ruffle Blossoms in the shop now :). And thanks to Katy at Scrap365 magazine for including me! This issue is absolutely gorgeous. It makes me want to close up shop, ignore my household chores and skip the dance studio today just to scrapbook - but I will wait ;).

For those of you celebrating the Memorial Day holiday this weekend, have a fun and safe time! The boys will be participating in a special flag ceremony with the cub scouts and we are planning on some fairly quiet family time. Whatever you are doing, enjoy your weekend! Tessa

2 comments:

  1. beautiful frame Suzanne!
    congrats on Scrap365 publication Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your pub!!!! Your blossoms are so so pretty!!! I will have to get some! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!