Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Please help us find Brisa



This is Brisa, my five-year-old niece. She is the daughter of one of my husband's younger brothers, Jacob. I've only had the chance to see her a handful of times, but she is a sweetheart and adores playing with her cousins (my boys). Brisa's mom and dad divorced, and unfortunately, the situation has been difficult, messy, and so very sad. Ultimately, after a thorough and lengthy court process, Jacob was given full custody this past July. Her mother was supposed to return Brisa to California from Maine in August. Instead, both Brisa and her mother have disappeared. A warrant is out for Brisa's mother's arrest. The FBI is investigating, but at this time, they have no leads to Brisa's whereabouts.


Last night, our local news here in Sacramento, California ran Jacob's story. You can see the report here.

Please watch, share on social media, and keep your eyes open. I know many of my readers, facebook friends, and dear customers are scattered across the country. Maybe you, or someone you know, has seen Brisa and can notify authorities so that she can get home safe and sound. I know these kinds of custody battle situations make many people squeamish, uncomfortable. Yes, there are two sides to this story, but the courts have heard both sides, and they place their faith in Jacob. Please, we just want to see Brisa with her daddy, getting the help she needs, starting school, and blossoming in a healthy, stable, loving home. Thank you. Tessa

4 comments:

  1. Tessa, I am sad to read this and I hope they find Tessa quickly. Please message the admin at "Missing Children & Adults" on Facebook. They have 10,000 followers (I don't know them, I just follow too). They get posters out and the faster you get exposure, the better! Send them her picture with a briefing.
    My thoughts and prayers are with her and your family.
    I hope your next post is to tell us she has been found safe!
    https://www.facebook.com/MissingChildrenAdults?ref=br_tf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie! We are working on passing along information to that group. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. That is awful--I'm so sorry your family is experiencing this. I hope she comes home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers for Brisa and her family, maybe you should post a picture of her mom too, in this situations every little thing helps. Praying for her best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!