Sunday, April 13, 2014

Smash Sunday - Enjoying...



Hello! I've got two more page spreads from my SMASH words book for you today. Two totally different color palettes - one more muted, one super bright. I love that about SMASH books. Unlike mini albums, I feel no need to color coordinate all the pages together. First up, this one about my family:



The left side is a collection of numbers, random die-cuts that I had in my stash that represent different numbers in my life. The page calls for a top 10 list, but I wasn't feeling it, so a collage of numbers was born. I also used a vintage playing card and bike flair from a past Studio Calico kit.



The right side is a photo of my middle son and me. The word tiles are old GCD Studios product (I'm hoarding these as I can't bear to run out). I also used a Maggie Holmes bow and Jenni Bowlin bingo card.


More detail shots of these pages can be found here in my Flickr gallery. Next up, a much brighter page spread about summer:



Yes, I actually made these pages last summer. I was just too sick to photograph, edit and post these then. I went with a bright yellow, pink and green color scheme because those colors say summer to me. I wanted to make this set of pages more about journaling, so I used lots of journaling tags.


I also used another vintage playing card and flair from A Flair for Buttons :).



The right side features a paint chip and the front of a pamphlet about shades of yellow that I picked up from a hardware store. The rose picture is a photo that I took that summer of roses in my front yard. The yo-yo is a mini yo-yo from my Etsy shop. Love those! Wish I could add more without bulking up my book.


Again, more details can be seen in my Flickr stream. Thanks to all of you who commented here, on Facebook, on instagram and on Pinterest about the return of Smash Sunday. I'm excited to be back and your enthusiasm makes me happy :). Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great start to your week! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!