Saturday, November 1, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude Begins

Hello, November. I'm excited about another year of dedicating this month to recognizing my blessings, expressing gratitude, and acting on that thankfulness :).


Day 1: I am grateful to have a job that I love. This year, I only teach one day a week, but that day is filled with technique classes and rehearsals for the two youngest jazz troupes at the studio, as well as coaching several soloists.


Here I am, teaching the 6-8 year olds their lyrical piece. I love teaching this age because so much of what I teach them is a brand new. I have the privilege (and responsibility) of laying a foundation for these girls that will take them wherever their hearts desire to go in dance. Yes, next week we will be working on our turnout and hip placement, but we will also improvise on the floor, pretending we forgot how to stand up. We will wave ribbon wands as we dance like clouds and then like waves. We will snap our spots, pull up in releve, and hopefully nail that double pirouette. We will stretch, build strength, and most of all - build confidence in ourselves. And I will love my time in the studio, love the girls, and be oh-so-grateful that I get to do this every week.

I'll be back tomorrow with the first of three special Attitude of Gratitude SMASH Sunday posts :). See you then! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!