Monday, June 1, 2015

Pink Paislee and PageMaps


The Pink Paislee design team had the fantastic opportunity to contribute to PageMaps this month - happy June, by the way! Using the Atlas collection, we all created layouts in various sizes. You can see the gallery here, and win the Atlas collection for yourself here. This is the sketch I was lucky to work with:


I've had the chance to contribute a few times before, and every time I find PageMaps so easy to work with! Even if a particular PageMap doesn't scream my style, it still works. And that's the sign of a great sketch :). Here's my take:


I started with a white cardstock background, then used the gold foil map overlay on the left and a patterned paper (same design as the overlay) on the right. I used tickets for some of the banner strips, as well as ephemera pieces. The Atlas ephemera is the best. I love every little piece!


I didn't quite place my photos in the same positions as the sketch, but where they fell worked for my pictures. I put my title in the same place, but decided that I didn't want to cover up any more of the overlay with a circular base.


I love the boyish charm Atlas can have, so I knew from the beginning I wanted to work with photos of my boys. When I was planning my page, the two oldest were reading. At that moment I decided to include one of my favorite quotes about books and travel and to take photos of the boys the next time we went to the library.


Thanks to Becky at PageMaps for the opportunity to design with another fabulous sketch! Be sure to check out the gallery and details on winning the Atlas prize! Have a great day! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!